Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Spiritleaf recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
We are currently seeking a full time Human Resources Generalist to join our growing company. This role will support our corporate employees and all franchise partners. This is a busy and exciting role that encompasses all aspects of human resources, with a focus on employee relations. The ideal candidate will enjoy working collaboratively in a dynamic setting with a diverse set of responsibilities.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Human Resources – General
- Support Human Resources department and management initiatives and objectives.
- Provide support with Recruitment, Payroll, and Benefits administration and initiatives as required.
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding processes; prepare and collect relevant documents and items.
- Support human resources management, organizational changes, and succession planning initiatives.
- Support Performance Review process; coordinate and track anniversary dates and Performance Reviews.
- Provide support with Performance Management processes and discipline.
- Assist with research and compliance initiatives regarding Human Resources issues.
- Assist with guiding initiatives and achieving company goals.
- Assist with development of policies and procedures; ensure consistent application of policies.
- Communication and enforcement of all internal company policies and all legislated requirements.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, processes, and procedures to promote continual improvement of the Human Resources department.
- Assist with preparing and distributing formal communications to employees.
- Assist with updating and maintaining accurate human resources department records (e.g. employee personnel files, job descriptions)
- Engage in learning opportunities relevant to this role to remain current on human resource practices (e.g. federal and provincial legislation, legalization of cannabis).
- Support Human Resources team with additional responsibilities as required.
Culture and Employee Relations
- Collaborate with the HR team and management on planning, developing, and implementing people and culture programs and processes; provide excellent representation of the Spiritleaf brand.
- Drive a positive culture of inclusion and engagement; reflect Spiritleaf values in all HR processes.
- Provide effective advice and assistance to managers on employee relations and performance management issues including conflict resolution, progressive discipline, investigations, terminations, return to work, and accommodation initiatives.
- Assist managers with resolving employee relations issues by providing directional support and addressing employee issues, concerns or inquiries.
- Conduct investigations and develop solutions, in collaboration with HR department, when manager or employee complaints or concerns are brought forth in person or through the Clearview Connects platform.
- Participate in the Franchise Partner Training delivered by Human Resources.
- Update and enhance training manual as per specific Provincial Employment Standards Guidelines.
- Provide HR guidance and support to Franchise Partners as required.
- Responsible for all investigations related to complaints.
- Develop rapport with new and existing Franchise owners.
What you Bring
- Post secondary education in Human Resources (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or equivalent).
- 5+ years of progressive Human Resources generalist experience.
- Experience with performance management and investigations.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is an asset.
- Experience within a cannabis and/or retail work environment is considered an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of employment standards and HR best practices.
- Proven aptitude in coordinating HR and organizational issues.
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment in handling confidential information, including a high degree of integrity and trust.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to support and build leadership abilities.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Professional, approachable, and customer service oriented.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment while managing multiple demands.
- Demonstrated ability to support and navigate change and recommend solutions using clear processes and methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
- Ability to function in a highly collaborative team environment and handle a busy and varied workload.