Spiritleaf is Canada’s largest franchisee Cannabis retailer and the first Canadian cannabis company to be granted the Canadian Franchise Association Membership headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Spiritleaf recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the National Manager, Marketing & Strategy, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting marketing efforts within Spiritleaf & Inner Spirit Holdings database. You will work directly in collaboration with the National Manager, Marketing & Strategy and greater marketing team to coordinate the execution of brand and marketing tactics including elements of trade marketing, event creation, local marketing, franchisee support, research and development and other digital marketing as required. The Marketing Coordinator is a highly motivated, positive force, self-starting, hardworking, digital-focused, creative individual with a knack for working on a variety of projects, ability to ‘roll up their sleeves’, be a team champion through their constant support, lead the event strategy, support the franchisees’ network with updated local marketing efforts in this new and exciting industry. It is a junior role that will focus on various support and enhance overall marketing efficiencies and administrative duties related to the marketing department.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Coordination: 40% of the role
- Organization & distribution of marketing support items to the franchisee and store network.
- Coordinate development of all elements of the marketing mix materials as outlined by the team.
- Execute and provide support in delivering the marketing communications activities.
- Create relevant & timely communication to inform the field/team of upcoming campaigns, events, programs/offers to ensure the team has required materials.
- Work with Marketing Communications, Product and Sales to create strategic plans for all marketing programs.
- Coordinate projects using project management principles, laying out campaigns and programs in a concise and organized manner, determining parallel paths and coordinating all projects to milestones and specs.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and operations team in support of retail and third-party partnerships, providing a customer-first approach to drive ease of use and sales.
Creativity/Design: 20% of the role
- National & local marketing campaigns across our 360 network.
- Photoshoots or brand images.
- Monitor and assess brand health and competitive opportunities/ threats and proactively propose consumer and trade marketing strategies.
- Junior graphic design skills (Canva) is required – full graphic design experience would be a bonus.
- Assist in the writing of internal and external marketing communications, presentations, and other written material and collateral.
Event Strategy & Execution: 15% of the role
- Manage and support local events (virtual and in-person) along with developing and teaching options to the franchise network.
Local Marketing: 15% of the role
- An organizational whiz with researching, vetting, and providing local marketing options to our network of franchisees.
- Offering support and guidance where required.
Social Media/Digital: 10% of the role
- Social Media savvy with Instagram brand-building experience.
Manage cross-functional relationships, encouraging the use of best practices, process improvement and clear and consistent communication.
- Brand: Be a brand champion and follow all Spiritleaf’s brand standards & guidelines.
- Compliance: Understand the Cannabis marketing and promotion regulations both federally and provincially for Cannabis marketing and advertising and be able to win while abiding by the rules.
- Customer Focused: Having a guest-first mindset to experience both online and in-store.
- Trends & Ideas: Research audience preferences and discover the current market and consumer trends. Be an source on inspiration and ideas to bring to life.
- Communication: Provide transparent, clear, and concise communication to leadership team members, franchisee owners, concierge and Spiritleaf’s general audience
To excel in this role, you will need:
- 2+ years of marketing coordination experience.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline or applicable work experience.
- Successful track record in leading the development and implementation of marketing programs and campaigns in a supportive role.
- An active problem solver that knows when to take things into your own hands and when to reach out for help.
- A go-getter, you know how to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Highly ambitious and motivated by delivering big results + strong administration, event planning, and project management skills.
- A culture fit; you are kind, professional, passionate, and hungry to learn.
- A self-starter who takes initiative.
- Experience working with a myriad of stakeholders to execute projects.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office tools. Digital creative tools such as Canva, Social Media applications.
- Be detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through, and the ability to prioritize and execute numerous tasks while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to create clear well laid out drawings and walk through your process with confidence and kindness.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Agile with the ability to thrive in a start-up culture and new industry.
- Experience generating and executing new marketing ideas.
- Respect and knowledge of the cannabis plant.
- Qualified Cannabis Worker certified by the time of employment.
- Franchisee business experience is a bonus.
- Ability to physically fit to lift/move 50lbs regularly (Shipping and receiving.)
- Follow Spiritleaf’s manifesto to spread peace, love & harmony every day.