Spiritleaf Awards 2020
Building partnerships and growing brands!
This year is about appreciating the little things and about celebrating accomplishments along the way. The purpose of the Spiritleaf Awards is to celebrate excellence.
The gala kicked off with the celebratory tune from Kool & the Gang from their album ‘Celebrate’ setting the tone for the evening’s festivities. Along with a quick introduction from Darren Bondar, Founder, Director & CEO of Spiritleaf, the man of many hats, literally. He described what was a challenging but rewarding year, thanking the support centre and store staff for their continued dedication during the global pandemic. Darren then highlighted some of the industry recognition received throughout the year. Including the Franchisees’ Choice Designation from the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA). And for the ‘Spirit Bus Tour’ campaign, our marketing department was awarded the ‘Platinum Winner’ from the MarCom Awards and more.
Spiritleaf was proud to have opened over 20 stores, in communities all across Canada this last year. We also celebrate the successful rollout of the ‘Spiritleaf Collective,’ a consumer benefits program with more than 168,502 members! Another initiative introduced this year was the online marketplace, Select & Collect, making the experience of purchasing regulated products safer and easier for consumers.
During the virtual event, the Spiritleaf Nation heard from the licensed producer Sundial. Sharing encouragement and seasons greeting from inside one of their facilities grow room, showing off their latest crop. Some of the store owners and staff also shared messages with the audience, describing what they like best about the Spiritleaf brand. One store, in particular, said it best.
The staff in Banff reminded us all that despite these current global circumstances, “It’s all up from here.”A quote from one of our strategic partners, a motto which we have displayed inside many of our stores.
Spiritleaf is focused on building strong and lasting relationships with our partners. We source locally and sustainably and stock brands that share our values for quality. Recognizing how important our partners are to the overall success of building an iconic Canadian cannabis company. We would like to take this opportunity to recognize and acknowledge the following companies or individuals with this year’s Spiritleaf Award.
- 2020 Top Licensed Producer Award – Canopy Growth Corporation 🏆
- 2020 Top Dried Flower Award – Original Stash Reserve, Indica 🏆
- 2020 Top Pre-Roll Award – Redecan Redees, Cold Creek Kush 🏆
- 2020 Top Beverage Award – Houseplant, Grapefruit 🏆
- 2020 Top Vape Award – Good Supply, Pineapple Express🏆
- 2020 Top Edible Award – Bhang, Milk Chocolate 🏆
- 2020 Franchise Partner of the Year – Cara Rose-Brown & Tim Brown, Spiritleaf Stittsville 🏆
- 2020 Manager of the Year – Duyen Nguyen, Spiritleaf Heritage Links 🏆
- 2020 Cannabis Concierge of the Year (East) – Cameron MacPherson, Spiritleaf Robertson 🏆
- 2020 Cannabis Concierge of the Year (West) – Skylar Ashley, Spiritleaf Kelowna 🏆
- 2020 Support Centre Employee of the Year – Christine Kitz, National Manager of Retail Operations 🏆
- 2020 Top Performing Store Award – Spiritleaf Maple Ridge 🏆
- 2020 Top Basket Size Award – Spiritleaf Stittsville 🏆
- 2020 Manifesto Award – Holly Adams, Spiritleaf West Kelowna 🏆
- 2020 Digital Reputation Leader – Spiritleaf London 🏆
- 2020 Collective Leader – Spiritleaf South Guelph 🏆
- 2020 Select & Collect Leader – Spiritleaf South Guelph 🏆
- 2020 Performance Change – Spiritleaf Medicine Hat 🏆
- 2020 Community Spirit Excellence – Jasper Ly, Spiritleaf Scarborough 🏆
- 2020 People’s Choice Award – Spiritleaf Don Mills 🏆
Special mention to the winner of the People’s Choice Award, Spiritleaf Don Mills, with hundreds of votes calculated this year. Finally, the owners of the Spiritleaf Stittsville location extend their sincere gratitude to all their staff for making this achievement possible. Congratulations to everyone and well done!
It was wonderful to see so many familiar faces join us for this virtual event. Thank you to our fans, friends, and followers for accepting Spiritleaf into your communities. We show our spirit through what we stand for, whom we serve and the products we deliver.
We are Spiritleaf!